(Above): Pav Chaat [Photo: Amar D. Gupta/Siliconeer]
If you have frequent visitors, this is a good fix. It’s sweet, spicy, tangy and quick. Chef Sanjay Patel shows you how to make this snack.
- 4 bread buns cut in quarter and toasted
- 100 gms fried chana dal
- 100 gms fried seasoned peanuts
- 1 red onion cut in cubes
- 100 gms fine sev
- 2 tsp cilantro chopped
- 4 oz imli pani (readymade)
- 3 oz green chutney (readymade)
- 1 tsp sweet chutney (readymade)
- ½ pomegranate (optional)
All readymade items are available at most neighborhood Indian grocery stores.
Mix all ingredients together adjusting salt and sweetness to taste.When adding imli pani remember that too much will turn the buns into dough.
To garnish, sprinkle cilantro, sev, and pomegranate (optional)
Serve at room temparature, cold with tea or cold drinks.