TiEcon 2017 Attendees trying out VR (All Photos: Vansh A. Gupta/Siliconeer)
@Siliconeer #Siliconeer @TiESV #TiESV #TiEcon @TiEcon – Over 6,500 entrepreneurs and technology professionals recently gathered at the Santa Clara Convention Center, in the heart of Silicon Valley to attend TiEcon 2017, writes Vasudha Badri-Paul.
The conference is orchestrated by The Indus Entrepreneurs, a non-profit in Silicon Valley, with chapters spanning the globe. TiEcon is the largest technology focused entrepreneur conference in the world and a dream come true for budding technology entrepreneurs and seasoned professionals, alike. Where else would you find 200 speakers, all under one roof, talking and networking about the latest mind-boggling technology?
TiEcon 2017 consisted of 15 tracks, namely, IoT, Autonomous Vehicles, AR/VR, Govtech, Machine Learning, Software Defined Infrastructure, Drones, Security, Martech, Gaming, Entrepreneurship, Digital Health, Fintech and Blockchain.
Added into this intriguing mix, was a track on entrepreneurs, talking about their journey, a “Social Impact” track focusing on entrepreneurship that serves the world, “Words of Wisdom” for budding entrepreneurs, a session to inspire and award “Youth” entrepreneurs, and a competition to win the coveted TiE 50 award.
The keynote sessions ran to packed halls with luminaries including: Tim Draper, Managing Director of Draper Fisher Juvertson, Ravi Mhatre, Light Speed Venture Partners, AppDynamics CEO Jyoti Bansal, Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, Chairman and CEO, NantWorks, and many more. The event ran full-throttle with talks on innovation, futuristic trends, sage advice for budding entrepreneurs, and extensive networking opportunities.
Key takeaways this year:
- Insights into current mind-boggling technology trends
- Networking opportunities with technology entrepreneurs, industry veterans, old pals
- How to be create a business that is mindful of #SocialImpact
- Informative sessions for youth involvement in entrepreneurship
- Speakers delivering motivational and thoughtful quotes to guide entrepreneurs
- Speed in decision making comes from cognitive diversity – Sandy Carter, VP @AWS
- It’s not about B2B or B2C. It’s about B2H (human) – Chandar Pattabhiram, CMO @Marketo
- You have to do all the right things, give yourself a chance, try more things & you have a chance to get lucky – Vinod Khosla @KhoslaVentures
- Trust and believe in yourself. You will have failures-get back up! – Jyoti Bansal CEO @AppDynamics
- Social Impact needs to be built into the DNA of a company from the start- Sarah Gordon, co-founder @SquareOrganics
The best takeaway was the sheer thrill of a 2-day extravagant technology festival, with a chance to learn, mingle, and celebrate. In short, #TiEcon 2017 was all about fueling entrepreneurs to go for the gold.
Read more in Siliconeer’s detailed report on TiEcon in the upcoming June print edition.